This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
To: All Bureau Supervisors
1. PURPOSE. This order delegates certain authorities of the Director to subordinate ATF officers and prescribes the subordinate ATF officers with whom persons file documents which are not ATF forms.
2. CANCELLATION. This order cancels ATF O 1100.85B, Delegation Order—Delegation to the Associated Director (Compliance Operations) of Authorities of the Director in 27 CFR Part 170, Miscellaneous Liquor Regulations.
3. BACKGROUND. Under current regulations, the Director has authority to take final action on matters relating to the manufacture, removal, and use of stills and condensers, and to the notice, registration, and recordkeeping requirements established under Chapter 51 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. We have determined that certain of these authorities should, in the interest of efficiency, be delegated to a lower organizational level.
4. DELEGATIONS. Under the authority vested in the Director, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, by Treasury Department Order No. 120-1 (formerly 221), dated June 6, 1972, and by 26 CFR 301.7701-9, this ATF order delegates certain authorities to take final action prescribed in 27 CFR part 170 to subordinate officers. Also, this ATF Order prescribes the subordinate ATF officers with whom applications, notices, and reports required by 27 CFR part 170, which are not ATF forms, are filed. The attached table identifies the regulatory sections, documents and authorized ATF officers. The authorities in the table may not be redelegated. An ATF organization chart showing the directorates involved in this delegation order has been attached.
5. QUESTIONS. Any questions concerning this order should be directed to the Regulations Division at 202-927-8210.Start Signature
Bradley A. Buckles,
[FR Doc. 01-22847 Filed 9-11-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4810-31-C