This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
This statement amends Part S of the Statement of the Organization, Functions and Delegations of Authority that covers the Social Security Administration (SSA). Chapter S4 covers the Deputy Commissioner for Systems. Notice is given that Chapter S4 is being amended to reflect the addition of a new subordinate staff office to subchapter S4N, the Office of Information Technology Architecture. The new material and changes are as follows:
Section S4.10 The Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Systems—(Organization):
H. The Data Administration Staff (S4NF)
Section S4N.20 Office of Information Technology Architecture—(Functions):
H. Data Administration Staff (S4NF)
1. Responsible for all SSA-wide data administration.
2. Directs the development of Systems-wide policies, procedures and standards for the specific phases of the life cycle development process and development of methods to assure the quality of systems products.
3. Directs the integration of data and process models, as well as software designs.
4. Directs the development of requirements for standardizing data collection across application areas.
5. Provides program expertise and process management direction and oversight for crosscutting segments for all SSA systems initiatives, legislative initiatives or projects involving the initiation, interpretation and/or the implementation of administrative and programmatic systems.
6. Provides a variety of high level coordinate, analytical, consultative and advisory services to SSA as a whole relative to very visible and complex systems initiatives.Start Signature
Dated: September 18, 2001.
Larry G. Massanari,
Acting Commissioner of Social Security.
[FR Doc. 01-24119 Filed 9-26-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4191-02-P