Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Removal of amendments in direct final rule.
Due to an adverse comment, EPA is removing the direct final rule to approve Texas Transportation Control Measures rule. In the direct final rule published on July 16, 2001 (66 FR 36921), we stated that if we received adverse comment by August 15, 2001, the rule would be withdrawn and would not take effect. EPA subsequently received an adverse comment, but did not publish the withdrawal notice prior to the effective date of the rule. In this action, EPA is removing the amendments published on July 16. EPA will address the comments received in a subsequent final action based upon the proposed action also published on July 16, 2001 (66 FR 36963). EPA will not institute a second comment period on this action.
This rule is effective as of September 27, 2001.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. J. Behnam, P. E.; Air Planning Section (6PDL), Multimedia Planning and Permitting Division, Environmental Protection Agency, Region 6, 1445 Ross Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75202, Telephone (214) 665-7247.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 40 CFR Part 52
- Environmental protection
- Air pollution control
- Air quality-transportation planning
- Carbon monoxide
- Incorporation by reference
- Intergovernmental relations
- Nitrogen oxides
- Particulate matter
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
- Transportation control measures
- Volatile organic compounds
Dated: September 6, 2001.
Lynda F. Carroll,
Acting Regional Administrator, Region 6.
Part 52, chapter I, title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations is amended as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 52—[AMENDED]End Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for part 52 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part
Subpart SS—TexasStart Amendment Part
2. In § 52.2270 the table in paragraph (c) is amended under Chapter 114 as follows:End Amendment Part
(a) by removing Section 114.5, Transportation Planning Definition, under Subchapter A; and
(b) by removing Section 114.270, Transportation Control Measures, under Subchapter G.Start Amendment Part
3. In § 52.2270 the table in paragraph (e) is amended by removing “Transportation Control Measures SIP Revision”, in the table entitled “EPA Approved Nonregulatory Provisions and Quasi-Regulatory Measures in the Texas SIP.”End Amendment Part End Further Info End Preamble
[FR Doc. 01-24213 Filed 9-26-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P