Notice of Information Collection Under Review; (Extension of a currently approved collection) Nomination for Young American Medal for Bravery.
The Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected Start Printed Page 49980agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until November 30, 2001.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Ellen Wesley, 202-616-3558, Office of Budget and Management Services, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 7th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20531.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the function of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collect; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information:
(1) Type of information collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Nomination for Young American Medal for Bravery
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: The form number is 1673/1, Office of Justice Programs, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Federal Government, State, Local or Tribal.
Other: Individuals or households; Not-for-profit institutions.
42 U.S.C. 1921 et seq. authorizes the Department of Justice to collect information from state governors, chief executives of the U.S. territories, and the mayor of the District of Columbia to implement the Young American Medals Program.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 20 respondents will complete a 3-hour nomination form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total hour burden to complete the nominations is 60 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contract: Mrs. Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1600, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street NW, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: September 25, 2001.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 01-24468 Filed 9-28-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-M