The companies listed in this notice have applied to the Board for approval, pursuant to the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 (12 U.S.C. 1841 et seq.) (BHC Act), Regulation Y (12 CFR Part 225), and all other applicable statutes and regulations to become a bank holding company and/or to acquire the assets or the ownership of, control of, or the power to vote shares of a bank or bank holding company and all of the banks and nonbanking companies owned by the bank holding company, including the companies listed below.
The applications listed below, as well as other related filings required by the Board, are available for immediate inspection at the Federal Reserve Bank indicated. The application also will be available for inspection at the offices of the Board of Governors. Interested persons may express their views in writing on the standards enumerated in the BHC Act (12 U.S.C. 1842(c)). If the proposal also involves the acquisition of a nonbanking company, the review also includes whether the acquisition of the nonbanking company complies with the standards in section 4 of the BHC Act (12 U.S.C. 1843). Unless otherwise noted, nonbanking activities will be conducted throughout the United States. Additional information on all bank holding companies may be obtained from the National Information Center website at www.ffiec.gov/nic/.
Unless otherwise noted, comments regarding each of these applications must be received at the Reserve Bank indicated or the offices of the Board of Governors not later than November 8, 2001.
A. Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Paul Kaboth, Banking Supervision) 1455 East Sixth Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44101-2566:
1. BancFirst Ohio, Corp., Zanesville, Ohio; to acquire 14.90 percent of the voting shares of UNB Corp., Canton, Ohio, and thereby indirectly acquire The United National Bank & Trust Company, Canton, Ohio.
2. UNB Corp., Canton, Ohio; to merge with BancFirst Ohio, Corp., Zanesville, Ohio, and thereby indirectly acquire The First National Bank of Zanesville, Zanesville, Ohio.
B. Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (A. Linwood Gill, III, Vice President) 701 East Byrd Street, Richmond, Virginia 23261-4528:
1. FNB Corporation, Christiansburg, Virginia; to merge with Salem Community Bankshares, Inc., Salem, Virginia, and thereby indirectly acquire Salem Bank & Trust, National Association, Salem, Virginia.
C. Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Cynthia C. Goodwin, Vice President) 1000 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, Georgia 30309-4470:
1. Coastal Community Investments, Inc., Panama City Beach, Florida; to become a bank holding company by acquiring 100 percent of the voting shares of Apalachicola State Banking Corporation, Apalachicola, Florida, and thereby indirectly acquire voting shares of Apalachicola State Bank, Apalachicola, Florida.
D. Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (Randall C. Sumner, Vice President) 411 Locust Street, St. Louis, Missouri 63166-2034:
1. Community State Bancshares, Inc., Bradley, Arkansas; to become a bank holding company by acquiring 100 percent of the voting shares of The Bradley Corporation, Bradley, Arkansas, and thereby indirectly acquire voting shares of The Bank of Bradley, Bradley, Arkansas.
E. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis (JoAnne F. Lewellen, Assistant Vice President) 90 Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55480-0291:
1. Superior National Banc Holding Company, Superior, Wisconsin; to become a bank holding company by acquiring 100 percent of the voting shares of Superior National Bank, Superior, Wisconsin.
F. Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (Susan Zubradt, Assistant Vice President) 925 Grand Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri 64198-0001:
1. Chickasaw Banc Holding Company, Yukon, Oklahoma; to become a bank Start Printed Page 52417holding company by acquiring 100 percent of the voting shares of First Bancorp in Davidson, Inc., Davidson, Oklahoma, and thereby indirectly acquire voting shares of First State Bank in Davidson, Davidson, Oklahoma.Start Signature
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, October 9, 2001.
Robert deV. Frierson,
Deputy Secretary of the Board.
[FR Doc. 01-25834 Filed 10-12-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6210-01-S