Department of Energy.
Notice of Open Meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the Environmental Management Site-Specific Advisory Board (EM SSAB), Idaho. The Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. No. 92-463, 86 Stat. 770) requires that public notice of these meeting be announced in the Federal Register.
Tuesday, November 13, 2001, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.; Wednesday, November 14, 2001, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Public participation sessions will be held on: Tuesday, November 13, 2001, 12:15-12:30 p.m, 5:45-6:00 p.m.; Wednesday, November 14, 2001, 11:45-12:00 noon, 4:00-4:15 p.m.
These times are subject to change as the meeting progresses. Please check with the meeting facilitator to confirm these times.
Ameritel Inn, 645 Lindsay Boulevard, Idaho Falls, Idaho.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Wendy Lowe, Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory (INEEL) Citizens' Advisory Board(CAB) Facilitator, Jason Associates Corporation, 477 Shoup Avenue, Suite 205, Idaho Falls, ID 83402, Phone (208) 522-1662 or visit the Board's Internet home page at http://www.ida.net/users/cab.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Purpose of the Board: The purpose of the Board is to make recommendations to DOE and its regulators in the areas of future use, cleanup levels, waste disposition and cleanup priorities at the INEEL.
Tentative Agenda: (Agenda topics may change up to the day of the meeting. Please contact Jason Associates for the most current agenda or visit the CAB's Internet site at www.ida.net/users/cab/.)
To meet with the new site manager.
To receive presentations on and to discuss:
- Potential site groundwater contamination
- Authorized DOE-Idaho funding for fiscal year 2002
- INEEL CERCLA Disposal Facility (ICDF) and the CAB's position on the facility
- INEEL efforts to identify potential new site missions
- Acceptable remediation objectives for the Subsurface Disposal Area
- Public perceptions related to alternatives to incineration
- Progress to date on the Decontamination and Decommissioning Decision Making Model
- CAB participation in the Top-to-Bottom DOE-HQ review
To receive status reports on:
- The dispute between DOE, the EPA, and the State of Idaho regarding the approach and schedule for cleanup at Pit 9 (located in Waste Area Group at the Radioactive Waste Management Complex)
- Workforce restructuring at the INEEL
- Coordination with the Bureau of Land Management (regarding Wildland Fires Memorandum of Understanding)
Public Participation: This meeting is open to the public. Written statements may be filed with the Board facilitator either before or after the meeting. Individuals who wish to make oral presentations pertaining to agenda items should contact the Board Chair at the address or tele-phone number listed above. Request must be received five days prior to the meeting and reasonable provision will be made to include the presentation in the agenda. The Deputy Designated Federal Officer, Jerry Bowman, Assistant Manager for Laboratory Development, Idaho Operations Office, U.S. Department of Energy, is empowered to conduct the meeting in a fashion that will facilitate the orderly conduct of business. Every individual wishing to make public comment will be provided equal time to present their comments. Additional time may be made available for public comment during the presentations.
Minutes: The minutes of this meeting will be available for public review and copying at the Freedom of Information Public Reading Room, 1E-190, Forrestal Building, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20585 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday Start Printed Page 53593through Friday except Federal holidays. Minutes will also be available by writing to Ms. Wendy Lowe, INEEL CAB Facilitator, Jason Associates Corporation, 477 Shoup Avenue, Suite 205, Idaho Falls, ID 83402 or by calling (208) 522-1662.Start Signature
Issued at Washington, DC on October 18, 2001.
Deputy Advisory Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 01-26671 Filed 10-22-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P