Notice of application.
The Office of Export Trading Company Affairs (“OETCA”), International Trade Administration, Department of Commerce, has received an application for an Export Trade Certificate of Review. This notice summarizes the conduct for which certification is sought and requests comments relevant to whether the Certificate should be issued.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Vanessa M. Bachman, Acting Director, Office of Export Trading Company Affairs, International Trade Administration, by telephone at (202) 482-5131 (this is not a toll-free number) or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Title III of the Export Trading Company Act of 1982 (15 U.S.C. 4001-21) authorizes the Secretary of Commerce to issue Export Trade Certificates of Review. An Export Trade Certificate of Review protects the holder and the members identified in the Certificate from state and federal government antitrust actions and from private treble damage antitrust actions for the export conduct specified in the Certificate and carried out in compliance with its terms and conditions. Section 302(b)(1) of the Export Trading Company Act of 1982 and 15 CFR 325.6(a) require the Secretary to publish a notice in the Federal Register identifying the applicant and summarizing its proposed export conduct. Start Printed Page 53779
Request for Public Comments
Interested parties may submit written comments relevant to the determination whether a Certificate should be issued. If the comments include any privileged or confidential business information, it must be clearly marked and a nonconfidential version of the comments (identified as such) should be included. Any comments not marked privileged or confidential business information will be deemed to be nonconfidential. An original and five (5) copies, plus two (2) copies of the nonconfidential version, should be submitted no later than 20 days after the date of this notice to: Office of Export Trading Company Affairs, International Trade Administration, Department of Commerce, Room 1104H, Washington, DC 20230. Information submitted by any person is exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552). However, nonconfidential versions of the comments will be made available to the applicant if necessary for determining whether or not to issue the Certificate. Comments should refer to this application as “Export Trade Certificate of Review, application number 01-00005.” A summary of the application follows.
Summary of the Application
Applicant: Vinex International, Inc., 1407 Foothill Blvd., Suite 105, La Verne, California 91750.
Contact: Vatche Sahakian, President.
Telephone: (909) 596-3556.
Application No.: 01-00005.
Date Deemed Submitted: October 12, 2001.
Members (in addition to applicant): None.
Vinex International, Inc. (“VINEX”) seeks a Certificate to cover the following specific Export Trade, Export Markets, and Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operations.
3. Technology Rights
Technology Rights, including, but not limited to, patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets that relate to Products and Services.
4. Export Trade Facilitation Services (as they Relate to the Export of Products, Services and Technology Rights)
Export Trade Facilitation Services, including, but not limited to, professional services and assistance relating to: government relations; state and federal export programs; foreign trade and business protocol; consulting; market research and analysis; collection of information on trade opportunities; marketing; negotiations; joint ventures; shipping and export management; export licensing; advertising; documentation and services related to compliance with customs requirements; insurance and financing; trade show exhibitions; organizational development; management and labor strategies; transfer of technology; transportation services; and the formation of shippers' associations.
The Export Markets include all parts of the world except the United States (the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands).
Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation
With respect to the sale of Products and Services, licensing of Technology Rights and provisions of Export Trade Facilitation Services, VINEX may:
1. Provide and/or arrange for the provision of Export Trade Facilitation Services;
2. Engage in promotional and marketing activities and collect information on trade opportunities in the Export Market and distribute such information to clients;
3. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive licensing and/or sales agreements with Suppliers for the export of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights in Export Markets;
4. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive agreements with distributors and/or sales representatives in Export Markets;
5. Allocate export sales or divide Export Markets among Suppliers for the sale and/or licensing of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights;
6. Allocate export orders among Suppliers;
7. Establish the price of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights for sale and/or licensing in Export Markets;
8. Negotiate, enter into, and/or manage licensing agreements for the export of Technology Rights;
9. Enter into contracts for shipping; and
10. Exchange information on a one-on-one basis with individual Suppliers regarding inventories and near-term production schedules for the purpose of determining the availability of products for export and coordinating export with distributors.
1. “Supplier” means a person who produces, provides, or sells a Product and/or Service.Start Signature
Dated: October 19, 2001.
Vanessa M. Bachman,
Acting Director, Office of Export Trading Company Affairs.
[FR Doc. 01-26775 Filed 10-23-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-DR-P