30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Extension of a currently approved collection; Controlled Substances Import/Export Declaration—DEA Form 236.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 66, Number 201, page 52780 on September 19, 2001, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until December 24, 2001. This Start Printed Page 58751process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285.
Written comments and/or suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the function of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of information collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Controlled Substances Import/Export Declaration—DEA Form 236.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form No.: DEA-236. Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. DEA-236 provides the DEA with control measures over the importation and exportation of controlled substances as required by both domestic and international drug control laws. Affected public consists of businesses or other for profit organizations.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: 358 respondents with an average 30 minutes per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,432 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20004.Start Signature
Dated: November 19, 2001.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 01-29289 Filed 11-21-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-M