This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
In accordance with section 6(f)(1) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended, EPA is issuing a notice of receipt of request for amendment by registrants to delete uses in certain pesticide registrations.
Unless a request is withdrawn, the Agency will approve these use deletions and the deletions will become effective on July 8, 2002, unless indicated otherwise.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
By mail: James A. Hollins, Office of Pesticide Programs (7502C), Environmental Protection Agency, Ariel Rios Building, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20460. Office location for commercial courier delivery, telephone number and e-mail address: Rm. 266A, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202, (703) 305-5761; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Start Printed Page 1216End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. Although this action may be of particular interest to persons who produce or use pesticides, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the information in this notice, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Additional information, Including Copies of this Document and Other Related Documents?
1. Electronically. You may obtain electronic copies of this document and certain other related documents that might be available electronically, from the EPA Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov. To access this document, on the Home Page select “Laws and Regulations” “Regulations and Proposed Rules,” and then look up the entry for this document under the “Federal Register—Environmental Documents.” You can also go directly to the Federal Register listing at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
2. In person. Contact James A. Hollins at 1921 Jefferson Davis Highway, Crystal Mall #2, Rm. 232, Arlington, VA, telephone number (703) 305-5761. Available from 7:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays.
II. What Action is the Agency Taking?
This notice announces receipt by the Agency of applications from registrants to delete uses in 12 pesticide registrations. These registrations are listed in the following Table 1 by registration number, product name, active ingredient and specific uses deleted:
|Registration No.||Product||Chemical Name||Delete From Label|
|000769-00229||Suregard 10% Sevin Dust||Carbaryl||Cotton|
|005905-00521||Trifluralin 60D||Trifluralin||Rapeseed, clover and flax|
|005905-00532||Trifluralin HFP||Trifluralin||Rapeseed, clover and flax|
|033660-00003||Trifluralin Technical||Trifluralin||Mexican clover|
|033660-00031||Flutrix Five EC||Trifluralin||Mexican clover|
|033660-00032||Flutrix 4EC ATT||Trifluralin||Mexican clover|
|033660-00033||Flutrix 4EC||Trifluralin||Mexican clover|
|033660-00036||VLN Trifluralin Technical||Trifluralin||Mexican clover|
|042750-00032||Albaugh Trifluralin 4EC||Trifluralin||Rapeseed and flax|
|042750-00034||Albaugh Trifluralin 10G||Trifluralin||Rapeseed and flax|
|Note: EPA company numbers 005905 has requested a 30-day comment period for registrations listed.|
Users of these products who desire continued use on crops or sites being deleted should contact the applicable registrant before July 8, 2002 unless indicated otherwise, to discuss withdrawal of the application for amendment. This 180-day period also permits interested members of the public to intercede with registrants prior to the Agency's approval of the deletion.
The following Table 2 includes the names and addresses of record for all registrants of the products in Table 1, in sequence by EPA company number.
|EPA Company No.||Company Name and Address|
|000769||Value Gardens Supply, LLC, Box 585, St. Joseph, MO 64502.|
|005905||Helena Chemical Co, 225 Schilling Blvd., Suite 300, Collierville, TN 38017.|
|009779||Agriliance, LLC, Box 64089, St Paul, MN 55164.|
|033660||Lewis & Harrison, Agent For: Industria Prodotti Chimici S., 122 C St NW, Ste. 740, Washington, DC 20001.|
|042750||Pyxis Regulatory Consulting, Agent For: Albaugh Inc., 11324 17th Ave., Ct. NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98332.|
III. What is the Agency Authority for Taking This Action?
Section 6(f)(1) of FIFRA provides that a registrant of a pesticide product may at any time request that any of its pesticide registrations be amended to delete one or more uses. The Act further provides that, before acting on the request, EPA must publish a notice of receipt of any such request in the Federal Register. Thereafter, the Administrator may approve such a request.
IV. How and to Whom Do I Submit Withdrawal Requests?
1. By mail: Registrants who choose to withdraw a request for use deletion must submit such withdrawal in writing to James A. Hollins, at the address given above, postmarked February 8, 2002.
2. In person or by courier: Deliver your withdrawal request to: Document Processing Desk (DPD), Information Services Branch, Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, Rm. 266A, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA. The DPD is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The DPD telephone number is (703) 305-5263.
3. Electronically. You may submit your withdrawal request electronically Start Printed Page 1217by e-mail to: email@example.com. Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. Avoid the use of special characters and any form of encryption. Electronic submissions will be accepted in WordPerfect 6.1/8.0 or ASCII file format.
V. Provisions for Disposition of Existing Stocks
The Agency has authorized the registrants to sell or distribute product under the previously approved labeling for a period of 18 months after approval of the revision, unless other restrictions have been imposed, as in special review actions.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Agricultural commodities
- Pesticides and pests
Dated: December 27, 2001.
Donald J. Huddleston,
Acting Director, Information Resources and Services Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 02-412 Filed 1-8-02; 8:45 a.m.]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S