Time and Date:
The Board of Directors of the Legal Services Corporation will meet on January 19, 2002. The meeting will begin at 10:15 a.m. and continue until conclusion of the Board's agenda.
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, 5000 Seminary Road, Alexandria, Virginia.
Status of Meeting:
Open, except that a portion of the meeting may be closed pursuant to a vote of the Board of Directors to hold an executive session. At the closed session, the Corporation's General Counsel will report to the Board on litigation to which the Corporation is or may become a party, and the Board may act on the matters reported. The closing is authorized by the relevant provisions of the Government in the Sunshine Act [5 U.S.C. 552b(c) (10)] and the corresponding provisions of the Legal Services Corporation's implementing regulation [45 CFR 1622.5(h)]. A copy of the General Counsel's Certification that the closing is authorized by law will be available upon request.
Matters to be Considered:
1. Approval of agenda.
2. Approval of the minutes of the Board's meeting of November 17, 2001.
3. Approval of the minutes of the Executive Session of the Board's meeting of November 17, 2001.
4. Chairman's Report.
5. Members' Reports.
6. Acting Inspector General's Report.
7. President's Report.
8. Consider and act on the report of the Board's Performance Review Committee.
9. Consider and act on the report of the Board's Committee on Provision for the Delivery of Legal Services.
10. Consider and act on the report of the Board's Operations and Regulations Committee.
11. Consider and act on the report of the Board's Finance Committee.
12. Panel presentation by the African American Project Directors discussing diversity issues within the LSC community and recognizing LSC for its diversity initiative.
13. Consider and act on changes to the Board's 2002 meeting schedule.
14. Briefing  by the Acting Inspector General on the activities of the Office of Inspector General.
15. Consider and act on the Office of Legal Affairs' report on potential and pending litigation involving LSC.
16. Consider and act on other business.
17. Public Comment.
Contact Person for Information:
Victor M. Fortuno, Vice President for Legal Affairs, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, at (202) 336-8800.
Upon request, meeting notices will be made available in alternate formats to accommodate visual and hearing impairments. Individuals who have a disability and need an accommodation to attend the meeting may notify Elizabeth S. Cushing, at (202) 336-8800.Start Signature
Dated: January 11, 2002.
Victor M. Fortuno,
Vice President for Legal Affairs, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary.
1. Any portion of the closed session consisting solely of staff briefings does not fall within the Sunshine Act's definition of the term “meeting” and, therefore, the requirements of the Sunshine Act do not apply to any such portion of the closed session. 5 U.S.C. 552(b)(a)(2) and (b). See also 45 C.F.R. 1622.2 & 1622.3.Back to Citation
[FR Doc. 02-1179 Filed 1-11-02; 3:53 pm]
BILLING CODE 7050-01-P