Department of Defense (DoD).
DoD has issued a final rule amending the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to remove text pertaining to contractor reporting on employment of veterans, because the reporting requirements have been added to the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
January 29, 2002.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Angelena Moy, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council, OUSD(AT&L)DP(DAR), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062. Telephone (703) 602-1302; facsimile (703) 602-0350. Please cite DFARS Case 97-D314.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This final rule removes DFARS requirements pertaining to contractor reporting on employment of veterans. The DFARS requirements were published as an interim rule at 63 FR 11850 on March 11, 1998. The DFARS text is no longer necessary, because the reporting requirements were added to the Federal Acquisition Regulation in Item IV of Federal Acquisition Circular 2001-01 on October 22, 2001 (66 FR 53487).
This rule was not subject to Office of Management and Budget review under Executive Order 12866, dated September 30, 1993.
B. Regulatory Flexibility Act
DoD certifies that this final rule will not have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities within the meaning of the Regulatory Flexibility Act, 5 U.S.C. 601, et seq., because the rule merely eliminates requirements that duplicate those found in the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
C. Paperwork Reduction Act
The Paperwork Reduction Act does not apply because the rule does not impose any information collection requirements that require the approval of the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501, et seq.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Parts 209, 212, 213, 217, 222, and 252
- Government procurement
Michele P. Peterson,
Executive Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council.
Therefore, 48 CFR Parts 209, 212, 213, 217, 222, and 252 are amended as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for 48 CFR Parts 209, 212, 213, 217, 222, and 252 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 209—CONTRACTOR QUALIFICATIONS
2. Section 209.104-1 is amended by removing paragraph (g)(iii).End Amendment Part
3. Section 209.104-70 is amended by removing paragraph (c).End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 212—ACQUISITION OF COMMERCIAL ITEMS
4. Section 212.503 is amended by removing paragraph (a)(xii).End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 213—SIMPLIFIED ACQUISITION PROCEDURES
5. Section 213.005 is removed.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 217—SPECIAL CONTRACTING METHODS
6. Section 217.207 is removed.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 222—APPLICATION OF LABOR LAWS TO GOVERNMENT ACQUISITIONS
7. Section 222.1304 is removed.End Amendment Part Start Part Start Printed Page 4209
PART 252—SOLICITATION PROVISIONS AND CONTRACT CLAUSES
8. Section 252.209-7003 is removed and reserved.End Amendment Part End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. 02-2056 Filed 1-28-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-08-U