U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information Pertaining to the Requirement To Be Submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 81, Standard Specifications for Granting of Patent Licenses.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0121.
3. How often the collection is required: Applications for license are submitted once. Other reports are submitted annually or as other events require.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Applicants for and holder of NRC licenses to NRC inventions.
5. The number of annual respondents: 0.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 37 hours; however, no applications are anticipated during the next three years.
7. Abstract: 10 CFR part 81 establishes the standard specifications for the issuance of licenses to rights in inventions covered by patents or patent applications invested in the United States, as represented by or in the custody of the Commission and other patents in which the Commission has legal rights.
Submit, by April 1, 2002, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC World Wide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/PUBLIC/OMB/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, T-6 E6, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail at INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 24th day of January 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-2078 Filed 1-28-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P