U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review and approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 445, Request for Approval of Official Foreign Travel.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0193.
3. How often the collection is required: One time per trip.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Consultants, contractors and NRC-invited travelers.
5. The number of annual respondents: 200.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1,200.
7. Abstract: NRC Form 445, “Request for Approval of Foreign Travel,” is supplied by consultants, contractors and NRC invited travelers who must travel to foreign countries in the course of conducting business for the NRC. In accordance with 48 CFR 20, “NRC Acquisition Regulation,” contractors traveling to foreign countries are required to complete this form. The information requested includes the name of the Office Director/Regional Administrator recommending travel, approved by the Office Director, Regional Administrator or Chairman, as appropriate, the traveler's identifying information, purpose of travel, a listing of the trip coordinators, other NRC travelers and contractors attending the same meeting, and a proposed itinerary.
Submit, by April 8, 2002, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to Start Printed Page 5621properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site: http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/PUBLIC/OMB/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, T-6 E6, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail at INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 31st day of January 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-2811 Filed 2-5-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P