Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 52, “Early Site Permits (EP); Standard Design Certifications; and Combined Licenses for Nuclear Power Plants”.
3. The form number if applicable: N/A.
4. How often the collection is required: On occasion and every 10 to 20 years for applications for renewal.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Designers of commercial nuclear power plants, electric power companies, and any person eligible under the Atomic Energy Act to apply for a construction permit for a nuclear power plant.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 10.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 5 (3 applications for early site permits, 1 combined license application, and 1 design certification application).
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 211,820.
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: N/A.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 52 establishes requirements for the granting of early site permits, certifications of standard nuclear power plant designs, and licenses which combine in a single license a construction permit, and an operating license with conditions (combined licenses), manufacturing licenses, duplicate plant licenses, standard design approvals, and pre-application reviews of site suitability issues. Part 52 also establishes requirements for renewal of these approvals, permits, certifications, and licenses; amendments to them; exemptions from certifications; and variances from early site permits.
NRC uses the information collected to assess the adequacy and suitability of an applicant's site, plant design, construction, training and experience, and plans and procedures for the protection of public health and safety. The NRC review of such information and the findings derived from that information form the basis of NRC decisions and actions concerning the issuance, modification, or revocation of site permits, design certifications, and combined licenses for nuclear power plants.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by May 1, 2002. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0151), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 26th day of March, 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-7798 Filed 3-29-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P