Department of Energy.
Notice of open meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the Biological and Environmental Research Advisory Committee. Federal Advisory Committee Act (Public Law 92-463, 86 Stat. 770) requires that public notice of these meetings be announced in the Federal Register.
Thursday, April 25, 2002, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; and Friday, April 26, 2002, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
American Geophysical Union, 2000 Florida Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20009.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Dr. David Thomassen (301-903-9817; firstname.lastname@example.org), or Ms. Shirley Derflinger (301-903-0044; email@example.com), Designated Federal Officers, Biological and Environmental Research Advisory Committee, U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Biological and Environmental Research, SC-70, 19901 Germantown Road, Germantown, Maryland 20874-1290. The most current information concerning this meeting can be found on the Web site: http://www.science.doe.gov/ober/berac/announce.html.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Purpose of the Meeting: To provide advice on a continuing basis to the Director, Office of Science of the Department of Energy, on the many complex scientific and technical issues that arise in the development and implementation of the biological and environmental research program.
Thursday, April 25, and Friday, April 26, 2002:
- Welcoming Remarks.
- Remarks from Dr. Ray Orbach, Director, Office of Science.
- Presentations and discussion by other Federal agencies who partner with Biological and Environmental Research—the National Institutes of Health, the United States Department of Agriculture, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the National Science Foundation.
- Discussion of research resource needs for the Genomes to Life research program.
- Science talk on free electron laser research.
- Report by Dr. Ari Patrinos, Associate Director of Science for Biological and Environmental Research.
- Review of working group activities.
- Report on mathematics and computing needs for the Genomes to Life research program.
- New Business.
- Public Comment (10-minute rule).
Public Participation: The day and a half meeting is open to the public. If you would like to file a written statement with the Committee, you may do so either before or after the meeting. If you would like to make oral statements regarding any of the items on the agenda, you should contact David Thomassen or Shirley Derflinger at the address or telephone numbers listed above. You must make your request for an oral statement at least five business days before the meeting. Reasonable provision will be made to include the scheduled oral statements on the agenda. The Chairperson of the Committee will conduct the meeting to facilitate the orderly conduct of business. Public comment will follow the 10-minute rule.
Minutes: The minutes of this meeting will be available for public review and copying within 30 days at the Freedom of Information Public Reading Room, IE-190, Forrestal Building, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.Start Signature
Issued in Washington, DC on April 2, 2002.
Rachel M. Samuel,
Deputy Advisory Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-8394 Filed 4-5-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P