Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 48 CFR part 20, Nuclear Regulatory Commission Acquisition Regulation (NRCAR).
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0169.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion; one time.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Offerors responding to NRC solicitations and contractors receiving awards from NRC.
5. The number of annual respondents: 355.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 26,088 hours (7.3 hours per response).
7. Abstract: The mandatory requirements of the NRCAR implement and supplement the government-wide Federal Acquisition Regulation, and ensure that the regulations governing the procurement of goods and services within the NRC satisfy the needs of the agency.
Submit, by June 17, 2002, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, T-6 E6, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail at email@example.com.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 12th day of April 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Beth St. Mary,
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-9485 Filed 4-17-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P