The Sensors and Instrumentation Technical Advisory Committee will meet on May 14, 2002, 9:30 a.m., in the Herbert C. Hoover Building, Room 3884, 14th Street between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW., Washington DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration on technical questions that affect the level of export controls applicable to sensors and instrumentation equipment and technology.
1. Opening remarks and introductions.
2. Presentation of papers and comments by the public.
3. Update on initiative regarding thermal imaging license processing and commodity jurisdiction.
4. Report on recent interagency proceedings regarding Commerce Control List Category 6 (sensors and lasers).
5. Report on discussions regarding technology diversion issues.
6. Discussion of matters properly classified under Executive Order 12958, dealing with the U.S. export control program and strategic criteria related thereto.
A limited number of seats will be available during the public session of the meeting. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent that time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. The public may submit written statements at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate distribution of public presentation materials to the Committee members, the Committee suggests that presenters forward the public presentation materials prior to the meeting date to the following address: Ms. Lee Ann Carpenter, OSIES/EA/BIS MS: 3876, U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th St. & Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20230.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the General Counsel, formally determined on November 29, 2001, pursuant to section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, that the series of meetings of the Committee and of any Subcommittees thereof, dealing with the classified materials listed in 5 U.S.C., 552b(c)(1) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in section 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3), of the Federal Advisory Committee Act. The remaining series of meetings or portions thereof will be open to the public
For more information contact Lee Ann Carpenter on (202) 482-2583.Start Signature
Dated: April 22, 2002.
Lee Ann Carpenter,
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-10167 Filed 4-25-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M