Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a current valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 20—Standards for Protection Against Radiation
3. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: Annually for most reports and at license termination for reports dealing with decommissioning.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: NRC licensees, including those requesting license termination.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 5,733 (685 responses + 5,048 recordkeepers).
7. The number of annual respondents: 5,048.
8. An estimate of the number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 322,851 hours (319,008 recordkeeping + 3,843 reporting).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Public Law 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 20 establishes standards for protection against ionizing radiation resulting from activities conducted under licenses issued by the NRC. These standards require the establishment of radiation protection programs, maintenance of radiation records, recording of radiation received by workers, reporting of incidents which could cause exposure to radiation, submittal of an annual report to NRC of the results of individual monitoring, and submittal of license termination information. These mandatory requirements are needed to protect occupationally exposed individuals from undue risks of excessive exposure to ionizing radiation and to protect the health and safety of the public.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/OMB/index/html. The document will be available on Start Printed Page 21283the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by May 30, 2002. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0158), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 23rd day of April 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-10591 Filed 4-29-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P