30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative and Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition; Form I600
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval is being sought for the information collection listed below. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on March 1, 2002 at 67 FR 9472, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. No comments were received by the Immigration and Naturalization Service. The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until; May 30, 2002. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR part 1320.10
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Comments may also be submitted to the Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division, Information Management and Security Staff, Attention: Department Clearance Officer, 601 D Street, NW., Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, Washington DC 20530. Comments may also be submitted to DOJ via facsimile to 202-514-1534.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative and Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form I-600 and I-600A. Adjudications Division, Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. This form is used by the INS to determine immigrant eligibility and advance processing of orphans.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 34,000 responses at 30 minutes (.5) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 17,000 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Mr. Richard A. Sloan, 202-514-3291, Director, Regulations and Forms Services Division, Immigration and Naturalization Service, U.S. Department of Justice, Room 4304, 425 I Street, NW., Washington, DC 20536.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Suite 1600, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 23, 2002.
Richard A. Sloan,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service.
[FR Doc. 02-10608 Filed 4-29-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M