Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA will hold a workshop focusing on the ecological risk assessment of Bt crops to non-target invertebrate. The workshop will involve a small expert group (about 20 people). Information from this workshop will be used to assist the Agency in the design and evaluation of effective insect resistance management strategies for Bt corn. EPA will provide a publically-available workshop report after the workshop is completed.
The meeting will be held on June 3 - 4 2002, from 8 am to 5 pm.
The meeting will be held at EPA, Crystal Mall II, Room 1126, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington, VA 22202. Space is limited. Requests to participate may be submitted by mail, electronically, or in person. Please follow the detailed instructions for each method as provided in Unit III. of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, your request must identify docket control number OPP-2002-0062 in the subject line on the first page of your response.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
John Glaser, National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Environmental Protection Agency, 26 W. King Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45268; telephone number: (513) 569-7568; fax number: (513) 487-2511; e-mail address:email@example.com.Start Printed Page 35109End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. This action may, however, be of interest to: Registrants and users of Bt crops under the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), or the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) as well as non-users of Bt crops and the public. Since other entities may also be interested, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
II. How Can I Get Additional Information, Including Copies of this Document and Other Related Documents?
1. Electronically. You may obtain electronic copies of this document, and certain other related documents that might be available electronically, from the EPA Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov/. To access this document, on the Home Page select “Laws and Regulations,” “Regulations and Proposed Rules,” and then look up the entry for this document under the “Federal Register—Environmental Documents.” You can also go directly to the Federal Register listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
2. In person. The Agency has established an administrative record for this meeting under docket control number OPP-2002-0062. The administrative record consists of the documents specifically referenced in this notice, any public comments received during an applicable comment period, and other information related to the “Ecological Assessement of Bt Crops on Non-Target invertebrates,” including any information claimed as Confidential Business Information (CBI). This administraive record includes the documents that are physically located in the docket, as well as the documents that are referenced in those documents. The public version of the administrative record, which includes printed, paper versions of any electronic comments that may be submitted during an applicable comment period, is available for inspection in the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
III. How Can I Request to Participate in this Meeting?
You may submit a request to participate in this meeting through the mail, in person, or electronically. Do not submit any information in your request that is considered CBI. Requests to participate in the meeting must be received on or before June 17, 2002. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you identify docket control number OPP-2002-0062 in the subject line on the first page of your request.
1. By mail. You may submit a request to: Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460.
2. In person or by courier. Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA. The PIRIB is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
3. Electronically. You may submit your request electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. Use WordPerfect 6.1/8.0 or ASCII file format and avoid the use of special characters and any form of encryption. Be sure to identify by docket control number OPP-2002-0062. You may also file a request online at many Federal Depository Libraries.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Bt crops
Dated: May 8, 2002.
Janet L. Andersen,
Director, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 02-12468 Filed 5-14-02; 4:18 pm]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S