The Regulations and Procedures Technical Advisory Committee (RPTAC) will meet June 4, 2002, 9 a.m., Room 3884, in the Herbert C. Hoover Building, 14th Street between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Industry and Security on implementation of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and provides for continuing review to update the EAR as needed.
1. Opening remarks by the Chairman.
2. Presentation of papers or comments by the public.
3. Update on pending regulations.
4. Working group activity reports.
5. Update on Wassenaar Arrangement proposals.
6. Discussion of Automated Export regulations and Option 5 proposal.
7. Discussion on status of pending encryption regulations.
8. Review of revised deemed export license conditions.
9. Review of Simplified Network Application Process (SNAP) 2002 status.
10. Discussion of matters properly classified under Executive Order 12958, dealing with the U.S. export control program and strategic criteria related thereto.
A limited number of seats will be available for the public session. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent that time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. The public may submit written statements at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate the distribution of public presentation materials to the Committee members, the Committee suggests that presenters forward the public presentation materials prior to the meeting to the following address: Ms. Lee Ann Carpenter, OSIES/EA/BIS MS: 3876, U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th St. & Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20230.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on February 12, 2001, pursuant to Section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, that the series of meetings or portions of meetings of the Committee and of any Subcommittees thereof dealing with the classified materials listed in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(1) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in section 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act. The remaining series of meetings or portions thereof will be open to the public.
For more information, call Lee Ann Carpenter at (202) 482-2583.Start Signature
Dated: May 14, 2002.
Lee Ann Carpenter,
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-12530 Filed 5-17-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M