Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
There will be a 2-day meeting of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and Food Quality Protection Act Scientific Advisory Panel (FQPA SAP) to consider and review EPA's Draft Termite Bait Product Performance Testing Guideline.
The meeting will be held on July 30-31, 2002, from 8:30 a.m. to approximately 5 p.m.
For dates on requests to present oral comments, submission of written comments, or requests for special seating arrangements, see Unit I.C. of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION.
This meeting will be held at the Sheraton Crystal City Hotel, 1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA. The telephone number for the Sheraton Hotel is (703) 486-1111.
Requests to present oral comments, submission of written comments, or requests for special seating arrangements may be submitted by mail, electronically, or in person. Please follow the detailed instructions for each method as provided in Unit I. of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, your request must identify docket ID number OPP-2002-0125 in the subject line on the first page of your response.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Olga Odiott, Designated Federal Official, Office of Science Coordination and Policy (7202M), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460; telephone number: (202) 564-8450; fax number: (202) 564-8382; e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. This action may, however, be of interest to persons who are or may be required to conduct testing of chemical substances under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), FIFRA, and FQPA. Since other entities may also be interested, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Additional Information, Including Copies of this Document and Other Related Documents?
1. Electronically. You may obtain electronic copies of this document, and certain other related documents that might be available electronically, from the EPA Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov/. To access this document, on the Home Page select “Laws and Regulations,” “Regulations and Proposed Rules,” and then look up the entry for this document under the “Federal Register— Environmental Documents.” You can also go directly to the Federal Register listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/. To access the OPPTS Harmonized Guideline referenced in this document, go directly to the guidelines at http://www.epa.gov/opptsfrs/home/guidelin.htm.
A meeting agenda, EPA's position paper, questions to FIFRA SAP, and FIFRA SAP composition (i.e., members and consultants) will be available no later than July 15. In addition, the Agency may provide additional background documents as the materials become available. You may obtain electronic copies of these documents, and certain other related documents that might be available electronically, from the FIFRA SAP Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov/scipoly/sap.
2. In person. The Agency has established an official record for this meeting under docket ID number OPP-2002-0125. The official record consists of the documents specifically referenced in this notice, any public comments received during an applicable comment period, and other information related to this action, including any information claimed as Confidential Business Information (CBI). This official record includes the documents that are physically located in the docket, as well as the documents that are referenced in those documents. The public version of the official record does not include any information claimed as CBI. In addition, the Agency may provide additional background documents as the material becomes available. The public version of the official record, which includes printed, paper versions of any electronic comments that may be submitted during an applicable comment period, is available for inspection in the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
C. How May I Participate in this Meeting?
You may submit requests to present oral comments, written comments, or requests for special seating arrangements through the mail, in person, or electronically. Do not submit any information in your request that is considered CBI. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you Start Printed Page 44837identify docket ID number OPP-2002-0125 in the subject line on the first page of your request.
1. Oral comments. Oral comments presented at the meetings should not be repetitive of previously submitted oral or written comments.
Although requests to present oral comments are accepted until the date of the meeting (unless otherwise stated), to the extent that time permits, interested persons may be permitted by the Chair of FIFRA SAP to present oral comments at the meeting. Each individual or group wishing to make brief oral comments to FIFRA SAP is strongly advised to submit their request to the DFO listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT no later than noon, eastern standard time, July 25, 2002, in order to be included on the meeting agenda. The request should identify the name of the individual making the presentation, the organization (if any) the individual will represent, and any requirements for audiovisual equipment (e.g., overhead projector, 35 mm projector, chalkboard). Oral comments before FIFRA SAP are limited to approximately 5 minutes unless prior arrangements have been made. In addition, the speaker should bring to the meeting 30 copies of the oral comments and presentation slides for distribution to FIFRA SAP at the meeting.
1. Written comments. Although submission of written comments are accepted until the date of the meeting (unless otherwise stated), the Agency encourages that written comments be submitted no later than noon, eastern standard time, July 22, 2002, to provide FIFRA SAP the time necessary to consider and review the written comments. There is no limit on the extent of written comments for consideration by FIFRA SAP. Persons wishing to submit written comments at the meeting should contact the DFO listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT and submit 30 copies.
2. Seating at the meeting. Seating at the meeting will be on a first-come basis. Individuals requiring special accommodations at this meeting, including wheelchair access, should contact Olga Odiott at least 5 business days prior to the meeting using the information under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
D. Submission of Requests and Written Comments
1. By mail. Submit your request or written comments to: Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460.
2. In person or by courier. Deliver your request or written comments to: Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA. The PIRIB is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
3. Electronically. You may submit your request or written comments electronically by e-mail to: email@example.com. Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. Use WordPerfect 6.1/8.0/9.0 or ASCII file format and avoid the use of special characters and any form of encryption. Be sure to identify by docket ID number OPP-2002-0125. You may also file a request online at many Federal Depository Libraries.
A. Purpose of the Meeting
The FIFRA SAP will meet to consider and review the design and scientific soundness of the Agency's draft Termite Bait Product Performance Testing Guideline, OPPTS 810.3800 - Termite Baits. The guideline outlines both the testing methodologies and performance standards for efficacy data submitted to EPA to allow evaluation of the performance of termite bait products.
The use of termite bait products has emerged as an important method of termite control. Because of the highly specialized nature of termite baits, a number of evaluation issues have arisen in the past 6 years, including minimum product performance standards needed for termite bait product registration. This meeting of the FIFRA SAP will provide a forum for experts and the public to comment on the product performance standards and testing protocols proposed by the Agency to address these and other issues related to termite bait products.
B. The FIFRA SAP Meeting Minutes
FIFRA SAP will prepare a report of its recommendations to the Agency in approximately 60 days. The meeting minutes will be posted on the FIFRA SAP web site or may be obtained by contacting the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch at the address or telephone number listed in Unit I. of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION.Start List of Subjects
List of SubjectsEnd List of Subjects Start Signature
Dated: June 28, 2002.
Sherell A. Sterling,
Acting Director, Office of Science Coordination and Policy.
[FR Doc. 02-16996 Filed 7-3-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S