Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Notice; extension of comment period.
EPA is extending the comment period for the revised organophosphorous (OP) cumulative risk assessment for an additional 30 days. The revised OP cumulative risk assessment was released to the public for comment in the Federal Register of June 20, 2002. The revised assessment was developed as part of EPA's process for tolerance reassessments under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), as amended by the Food Quality Protection Act of 1996 (FQPA). By allowing access and opportunity for comment on the revised risk assessment, EPA is seeking to strengthen stakeholder involvement and help ensure our decisions under FQPA are transparent and based on the best available information.
Comments, identified by the docket ID number OPP-2002-0154, must be received on or before August 21, 2002.
Comments may be submitted by mail, electronically, or in person. Please follow the detailed instructions for each method as provided in Unit I. of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you identify docket ID number OPP-2002-0154 in the subject line on the first page of your response.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Karen Angulo, Special Review and Reregistration Division (7508C), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460; telephone number: (703) 308-8004; fax number: (703) 308-8005; e-mail address: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?-
This action is directed to the public in general, nevertheless, a wide range of stakeholders will be interested in obtaining and submitting comments on the revisions to the OP pesticide cumulative risk assessment, including environmental, human health, and agricultural advocates; the chemical industry; pesticide users; and members of the public interested in the use of pesticides on food. As such, the Agency has not attempted to specifically describe all the entities potentially affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Additional Information, Including Copies of this Document and Other Related Documents?-
1 . Electronically. You may obtain electronic copies of this document, and certain other related documents that might be available electronically, from the EPA Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov/. On the Home Page select “Laws and Regulations,” “Regulations and Proposed Rules,” and then look up the entry for this document under the “Federal Register—Environmental Documents.” You can also go directly to the Federal Register listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.-
To access information about organophosphate pesticides and obtain electronic copies of the revised risk assessments and related documents mentioned in this notice, you can also Start Printed Page 47798go directly to the Home Page for the Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) at http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/cumulative.-
2. In person. The Agency has established an official record for this action under docket ID number OPP-2002-0154. The official record consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received during an applicable comment period, and other information related to this action, including any information claimed as Confidential Business Information (CBI). This official record includes the documents that are physically located in the docket, as well as the documents that are referenced in those documents. The public version of the official record does not include any information claimed as CBI. The public version of the official record, which includes printed, paper versions of any electronic comments submitted during an applicable comment period, is available for inspection in the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
C. How and to Whom Do I Submit Comments?-
As described in Unit III. of the notice published in the Federal Register of June 20, 2002 (67 FR 41993) (FRL-7183-1), you may submit your comments through the mail, in person, or electronically. Please follow the instructions that are provided in that notice. Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, be sure to identify docket ID number OPP-2002-0154 in the subject line on the first page of your response.
D. How Should I Handle CBI that I Want to Submit to the Agency?-
Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. You may claim information that you submit to EPA in response to this document as CBI by marking any part or all of that information as CBI. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes any information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public version of the official record. Information not marked confidential will be included in the public version of the official record without prior notice. If you have any questions about CBI or the procedures for claiming CBI, please consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
E. What Should I Consider as I Prepare My Comments for EPA?-
You may find the following suggestions helpful for preparing your comments:-
1. Explain your views as clearly as possible.-
2. Describe any assumptions that you used.-
3. Provide copies of any technical information and/or data you used that support your views.-
4. If you estimate potential burden or costs, explain how you arrived at the estimate that you provide.-
5. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns.-
6. Offer alternative ways to improve the notice.-
7. Make sure to submit your comments by the deadline in this notice.-
8. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, be sure to identify the docket ID number assigned to this action in the subject line on the first page of your response. You may also provide the name, date, and Federal Register citation.
II. Background -
EPA is extending the comment period for the revised OP cumulative risk assessment, which was released to the public for comment in the Federal Register of June 20, 2002 (67 FR 41993) (FRL-7183-1). The documents provide information on the revisions that were made to the preliminary OP cumulative risk assessment, which was released to the public in the Federal Register of December 28, 2001 (66 FR 67249) (FRL-6816-5).Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Pesticides and pests
Dated: July 17, 2002.
Lois Ann Rossi,
Director, Special Review and Reregistration Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 02-18582 Filed 7-18-02; 1:33 pm]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S