Department of Defense (DoD).
DoD has issued a final rule amending the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to revise the information on DD Form 1547, Record of Weighted Guidelines Application. The revisions correspond to changes to DoD profit policy published in the Federal Register on April 26, 2002.
July 30, 2002.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Sandra Haberlin, OUSD (AT&L) DP (DAR), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062. Telephone (703) 602-0289; facsimile (703) 602-0350. Please cite DFARS Case 2002-D012.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
DoD published a final rule in the Federal Register on April 26, 2002 (67 FR 20688), under DFARS Case 2000-D018. That rule amended policy for computation of profit objectives by reducing the value assigned to facilities capital employed for equipment, eliminating the values assigned to facilities capital employed for buildings, increasing the values for performance risk, and adding a special factor for cost efficiency.
This final rule amends DD Form 1547, Record of Weighted Guidelines Application, and corresponding completion instructions, to reflect the changes to profit policy published on April 26, 2002.
DD Form 1547, and other forms prescribed by the DFARS, are not included in the Code of Federal Regulations. The forms are available electronically via the Internet at http://web1.whs.osd.mil/icdhome/ddeforms.htm.
This rule was not subject to Office of Management and Budget review under Executive Order 12866, dated September 30, 1993.
B. Regulatory Flexibility Act
This rule will not have a significant cost or administrative impact on contractors or offerors, or a significant effect beyond the internal operating procedures of DoD. Therefore, publication for public comment is not required. However, DoD will consider comments from small entities concerning the affected DFARS subparts in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 610. Such comments should cite DFARS Case 2002-D012.
C. Paperwork Reduction Act
The Paperwork Reduction Act does not apply because the rule does not impose any information collection requirements that require the approval of the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501, et seq.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Parts 215 and 253End List of Subjects
Government procurement.Start Signature
Michele P. Peterson,
Executive Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council.
Therefore,End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation forEnd Amendment Part Start Part
PART 215—CONTRACTING BY NEGOTIATION
2. Section 215.404-71-2 is amended in paragraph (b) introductory text by revising the table to read as follows:
(b) * * *
|Item||Contractor risk factors||Assigned weighting||Assigned value||Base (item 20)||Profit objective|
|23||Performance Risk (Composite)||N/A||(3)||(4)||(5)|
3. Section 215.404-71-3 is amended as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. In paragraph (b) introductory text, in the table, by redesignating Items 25 and 26 as Items 24 and 25, respectively;End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. In paragraph (c)(2) by removing “(Block 26)” and adding in its place “(Block 25)”; andEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
c. In paragraph (c)(5), in the second sentence, by removing “Block 26” and adding in its place “Block 25”.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
4. Section 215.404-71-4 is amended in paragraph (b) introductory text by revising the table to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(b) * * *
|Item||Contractor facilities capital employed||Assigned value||Amount employed||Profit objective|
5. Section 215.404-71-5 is amended in paragraph (a), in the last sentence, by adding, before the period, “(Block 29)”.End Amendment Part
6. Section 215.404-72 is amended as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. In the heading of paragraph (b)(1), in the parenthetical, by removing “End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. In the heading of paragraph (b)(2), in the parenthetical, by removing “End Amendment Part
7. Section 215.407-4 is amended in paragraph (c)(1) by revising the second parenthetical to read “(End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 253—FORMSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
8. Section 253.215-70 is amended by revising paragraphs (c)(12) and (c)(15) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(c) * * *
(12) Block 12—use code. Enter the appropriate code for use of the weighted guidelines method—
|Standard weighted guidelines method (215.404-71-2(c)(1))||2|
|Alternate structured approach (215.404-73)||4|
|Modified weighted guidelines approach (215.404-72)||5|
|Technology incentive (215.404-71-2(c)(2))||6|
(15) Block 30—total profit objective. Enter the total of Blocks 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, and 29. This section is not required to be completed when using an alternate structured approach (215.404-73).
[FR Doc. 02-19083 Filed 7-29-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-08-P