30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: New Collection; Making Officer Redeployment Effective (MORE) Closeout Report.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until September 9, 2002. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: New Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Making Officer Redeployment Effective (MORE) Closeout Report.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: COPS Form Number: N/A.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: MORE award recipients. Other: None. Abstract: The information collected will be used by the COPS Office to determine that MORE award recipients have completed the grant programmatic requirements.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There will be an estimated 1,856 responses per year. The estimated amount of time required for the average respondent to respond is: 1.0 hour.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 3,712 annually.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, 601 D Street NW., Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: August 2, 2002.
Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 02-20056 Filed 8-7-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-AT-M