Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension request with burden revisions.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 26, “Fitness for Duty Program'.
3. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: All licensees authorized to construct or operate a nuclear power reactor and all licensees authorized to possess, use, or transport unirradiated Category 1 nuclear materials.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 1514 (1440 responses plus 74 recordkeepers).
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 74.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 64,446 (6273 hours of reporting burden or an average of 85 hours per licensee and 58,173 hours of recordkeeping burden or an average of 786 hours per licensee).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Public Law 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 26, “Fitness for Duty Program,” requires licensees of nuclear power plants and licensees authorized to possess, use, or transport unirradiated Category 1 nuclear material to implement fitness-for-duty programs to assure that personnel are not under the influence of any substance or mentally or physically impaired, to retain certain records associated with the management of these programs, and to provide reports concerning significant events and program performance. Compliance with these program requirements is mandatory for licensees subject to 10 CFR part 26.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC World Wide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by September 13, 2002. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0146), Start Printed Page 53030NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 8th day of August, 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-20564 Filed 8-13-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P