The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has submitted an extension of a currently approved collection to collect the information listed below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.). On August 24, 2001, the BLM published a notice in the Federal Register (66 FR 44642) requesting comment on this information collection. The comment period ended on October 23, 2001. The BLM received no comments. You may obtain copies of the collection of information and related forms and explanatory material by contacting BLM Information Collection Clearance Officer at the telephone number listed below.
The OMB must respond to this request within 60 days but may respond after 30 days. For maximum consideration your comments and suggestions on the requirement should be made within 30 days directly to the Office of Management and Budget, Interior Department Desk Officer (1004-0190), Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Washington, DC 20503. Please provide a copy of your comments to the Bureau Information Collection Clearance Officer (WO-630), Bureau of Land Management, Eastern States Office, 7450 Boston Blvd., Springfield, Virginia 22153.
Nature of Comments: We specifically request your comments on the following:
1. Whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper functioning of the BLM, including whether the information will have practical utility;
2. The accuracy of BLM's estimate of the burden of collecting the information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
3. The quality, utility and clarity of the information we collect; and
4. How to minimize the burden of collecting the information on those who are to respond, including the use of appropriate automated electronic, mechanical, or other forms of information technology.
Title: Indian Allotments (43 CFR 2530).
OMB Approval Number: 1004-0190.
Bureau Form Number: 2530-1.
Abstract: We use the information to:
(1) Issue Indian allotments to applicants seeking to settle upon and develop certain public lands of the United States; and
(2) Determine if an allottee is eligible to receive a trust patent (title) to the lands covered by the Indian allotment.
The regulations in 43 CFR 2530 establish guidelines and procedures for the orderly and timely processing of applications for Indian allotments.
Description of Respondents: Individuals who are members of, or eligible for membership in, an Indian tribe recognized by BIA.
Estimated Completion Time: 2 hours.
Annual Responses: 6.
Application Fee per Response: $100 (Proposed).
Annual Burden Hours: 12.
Bureau Clearance Officer: Michael Schwartz, (202) 452-5033.Start Signature
Dated: June 17, 2002.
Michael H. Schwartz,
Bureau of Land Management, Information Collection Clearance Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-22519 Filed 9-3-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-84-M