30-day notice of information collection under review; Guarantee of Payment; Form I-510.
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval is being sought for the information collection listed below. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on April 23, 2002 at 67 FR 19774, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. No comments were received by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until October 11, 2002. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR part 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, 725—17th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20503. Comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to 202-395-6974. Comments may also be submitted to the Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division, Information Management and Security Staff, Attention: Department Clearance Officer, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Suite 1600, Washington, DC 20530. Comments may also be submitted to DOJ via facsimile to 202-514-1534.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Guarantee of Payment.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form I-510. Detention and Deportation Division, Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Section 253 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides that the master or agent of a vessel or aircraft shall guarantee payment incurred for an alien crewman who arrived in the United States and is afflicted with any disease or illness mentioned in section 255 of the INA.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 100 responses at five minutes (.083) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 8 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Mr. Richard A. Sloan, 202-514-3291, Director, Regulations and Forms Services Division, Immigration and Naturalization Service, U.S. Department of Justice, Room 4034, 425 I Street, NW., Washington, DC 20536.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Suite 1600, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: September 4, 2002.
Richard A. Sloan,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service.
[FR Doc. 02-23010 Filed 9-10-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M