Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a current valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 30—Rules of General Applicability to Domestic Licensing of Byproduct Material.
3. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: Required reports are collected and evaluated on a continuing basis as events occur. There is a one-time submittal of information to receive a license. Renewal applications are submitted every 10 years. Information submitted in previous applications may be referenced without being resubmitted. In addition, recordkeeping must be performed on an on-going basis.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: All persons applying for or holding a license to manufacture, produce, transfer, receive, acquire, own, possess, or use radioactive byproduct material.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 35,709 (7,965 NRC licensees (3,287 Reporting + 4,678 Recordkeepers) and 27,744 Agreement State licensees (10,839 Reporting + 16,905 recordkeepers)).
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 21,583 (4,678 NRC licensees and 16,905 Agreement State licensees).
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 247,239 (NRC licensees 55,488 hours (26,875 reporting + 28,613 recordkeeping) and Agreement State licensees 191,751 hours (90,967 reporting + 100,784 recordkeeping).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 30 establishes requirements that are applicable to all persons in the United States governing domestic licensing of radioactive byproduct material. The application, reporting and recordkeeping requirements are necessary to permit the NRC to make a determination whether the possession, use, and transfer of byproduct material is in conformance with the Commission's regulations for protection of the public health and safety.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by November 1, 2002. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0017), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 26th day of September, 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-25080 Filed 10-1-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P