60-day notice of information collection under review: reinstatement, with no change, of a previously approved collection for which approval has expired; Victim Assistance Grant Program Performance Report.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs, has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until December 9, 2002. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.Start Printed Page 62817
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Celetine Williams (202) 616-3565, Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, US Department of Justice, 810 Seventh Street NW., Washington, DC 20531.
Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Reinstatement, With Change, of a Previously Approved Collection for Which Approval has Expired.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Victims of Crime Act, Victim Assistance Grant Program, Performance Report.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: OJP ADMIN Form 739/4 (REV. 8-99). Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: State government. Other: None. This form will be used to allow the director of OVC to collect performance data from recipients of VOCA victim assistance grant fund.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 57 respondents will complete an estimated 20 hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 1,197 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Department Deputy Clearance Officer, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, D.C. 20530.Start Signature
Dated: October 3, 2002.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 02-25613 Filed 10-7-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-M