Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), DOT.
In compliance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.) , this notice announces that the Information Collection Request (ICR) abstracted below has been forwarded to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for extension of currently approved collections. The ICR describes the nature of the information collection and its expected burden. The Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period soliciting comments on the following collection of information was published on August 9, 2002 (67 FR 51927).
Written comments should be submitted by November 21, 2002.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Bernie Stankus, Office of Airline Information, K-14, Room 4125, Bureau of Transportation Statistics, 400 Seventh Street, SW., Washington, DC 20590-0001, Telephone Number (202) 366-4387, Fax Number (202) 366-3383 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments: Comments are invited on whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Department, including whether the information will have practical utility; the accuracy of the Department's estimate of burden of the proposed information collections; ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information on respondents, in including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.End Further Info
Send comments to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, 725 17th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20503, Attention: BTS Desk Officer.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS)
Title: Reporting required for International Civil Aviation Organization.
Type of Request: Extension of a currently approved collection.
OMB Control Number: 2138-0039.
Forms: BTS Form EF.
Affected Public: Large certificated air carriers.
Number of Respondents: 40.
Estimated Time per Response: 40 minutes.
Total Annual Burden: 26 hours.
Needs and Uses: As a party to the Convention on International Civil Aviation (Treaty), the United States is obligated to provide ICAO with financial and statistical data on operations of U.S. carriers. Over 99% of the data filed with ICAO is extracted from the air carriers' Form 41 submissions to BTS. BTS Form EF is the means by which BTS supplies the remaining 1% of the air carrier data to ICAO.Start Signature
Donald W. Bright,
Acting Assistant Director, Airline Information, Bureau of Transportation Statistics.
[FR Doc. 02-26822 Filed 10-21-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-FE-P