Time and Date: The Board of Directors of the Legal Services Corporation will meet on November 9, 2002. The meeting will begin at 9 a.m. and continue until conclusion of the Board's agenda.
Location: The W Los Angeles Hotel, 930 Hilgard Avenue, Los Angeles, CA.
Status of Meeting: Open, except that a portion of the meeting may be closed pursuant to a vote of the Board of Directors to hold an executive session. At the closed session, the Corporation's General Counsel will report to the Board on litigation to which the Corporation is or may become a party, and the Board may act on the matters reported. The closing is authorized by the relevant provisions of the Government in the Sunshine Act [5 U.S.C. 552b(c) (10)] and the corresponding provisions of the Legal Services Corporation's implementing regulation [45 CFR 1622.5(h)]. A copy of the General Counsel's Certification that the closing is authorized by law will be available upon request.
Matters to be Considered:
1. Approval of agenda.
2. Approval of the minutes of the Board's meeting of August 24, 2002.
3. Approval of the minutes of the Executive Session of the Board's meeting of August 24, 2002.
4. Chairman's Report.
5. Members' Report.
6. Acting Inspector General's Report.
7. President's Report.
8. Consider and act on the report of the Board's Committee on Provision for the Delivery of Legal Services.
9. Consider and act on the report of the Board's Operations and Regulations Committee.
10. Consider and act on the report of the Board's Finance Committee.
11. Report by the Mauricio Vivero, LSC Vice President for Governmental Relations & Public Affairs, on Legal Services Branding Project.
12. Consider and act on a proposal to authorize the President of LSC to lease up to an additional 2,000 square feet of office space for LSC's headquarters.
13. Briefing  by the Inspector General on the activities of the Office of Inspector General.
14. Consider and act on the Office of Legal Affairs' report on potential and pending litigation involving LSC.
15. Consider and act on other business.
16. Public Comment.
Contact Person for Information: Victor M. Fortuno, Vice President for Legal Affairs, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, at (202) 336-8800.
Upon request, meeting notices will be made available in alternate formats to accommodate visual and hearing impairments. Individuals who have a disability and need an accommodation to attend the meeting may notify Elizabeth S. Cushing, at (202) 336-8800.Start Signature
Dated: November 1, 2002.
Victor M. Fortuno,
Vice President for Legal Affairs, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary.
1. Any portion of the closed session consisting solely of staff briefings does not fall within the Sunshine Act's definition of the term “meeting” and, therefore, the requirements of the Sunshine Act do not apply to any such portion of the closed session. 5 U.S.C. 552(b)(a)(2) and (b). See also 45 CFR 1622.2 & 1622.3Back to Citation
[FR Doc. 02-28297 Filed 11-4-02; 10:10 am]
BILLING CODE 7050-01-P