Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
A meeting of the National Advisory Committee for Acute Exposure Guideline Levels for Hazardous Substances (NAC/AEGL Committee) will be held on December 9-11, 2002, in Washington, DC. At this meeting, the NAC/AEGL Committee will address, as time permits: Development of proposed AEGLs, continued review of exisitng AEGLs, comments from the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) Subcommittee for AEGLs, and development of interim AEGLs.
The meetings will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on December 9, 2002; from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on December 10, 2002; and from 8:30 a.m. to noon on December 11, 2002.
The meeting will be held at the Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2 Massachusetts Ave., NE. (Union Station Metro Stop; 1st St. exit, Visitor's Entrance). Visitors should bring a photo ID for entry into the building and should contact the Designated Federal Officer (DFO) to have their names added to the security entry list.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
For general information contact: Barbara Cunningham, Acting Director, Environmental Assistance Division (7408M), Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (202) 554-1404; e-mail address: TSCA-Hotline@epa.gov.
For technical information contact: Paul S. Tobin, DFO, Economics, Exposure, and Technology Division (7406M), Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (202) 564-8557; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:Start Printed Page 70431
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. This action may be of particular interest to anyone who may be affected if the AEGL values are adopted by government agencies for emergency planning, prevention, or response programs, such as EPA's Risk Management Program under the Clean Air Act and Amendments section 112r. It is possible that other Federal agencies besides EPA, as well as State agencies and private organizations, may adopt the AEGL values for their programs. As such, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the DFO listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Copies of this Document and Other Related Information? -
1. Docket. EPA has established an official public docket for this action under docket identification (ID) number OPPT-2002-0069. The official public docket consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received, and other information related to this action. Although a part of the official docket, the public docket does not include Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. The official public docket is the collection of materials that is available for public viewing at the EPA Docket Center, Rm. B102-Reading Room, EPA West, 1301 Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC. The EPA Docket Center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The EPA Docket Center Reading Room telephone number is (202) 566-1744 and the telephone number for the OPPT Docket, which is located in EPA Docket Center, is (202) 566-0280.-
2. Electronic access. You may access this Federal Register document electronically through the EPA Internet under the “Federal Register” listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.-
An electronic version of the public docket is available through EPA's electronic public docket and comment system, EPA Dockets. You may use EPA Dockets at http://www.epa.gov/edocket/ to submit or view public comments, access the index listing of the contents of the official public docket, and to access those documents in the public docket that are available electronically. Although not all docket materials may be available electronically, you may still access any of the publicly available docket materials through the docket facility identified in Unit I.B.1. Once in the system, select “search,” then key in the appropriate docket ID number.
II. Meeting Procedures
Chemicals listed under the following categories will be considered, as time permits:
1. Development of proposed AEGLs: Benzene, 1,4-dioxane, hydrogen bromide, sulfur dioxide, and trimethylchlorosilane.
2. Continued review: Allyl amine, chlorine trifluoride, chloromethyl methyl ether, cis- and trans-crotonaldehyde, iron pentacarbonyl, nitric acid, nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide, perchloromethyl mercaptan, propionitrile, and vinyl chloride.
3. Comments from the NAS Subcommittee for AEGLs: Boron trifluoride, chloroform, dimethyldichlorosilane, methyl trichlorosilane, and toluene.
4. Development of interim AEGLs: Acetonecyanohydrin, ammonia, bromine, fluorine, Jet Fuel 8, methyl ethyl ketone, monochloroacetic acid, phosphorus oxychloride, phosphorus trichloride, and xylenes.
For additional information on the scheduled meeting, the agenda of the NAC/AEGL Committee, or the submission of information on chemicals to be discussed at the meeting, contact the DFO listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
The meeting of the NAC/AEGL Committee will be open to the public. Oral presentations or statements by interested parties will be limited to 10 minutes. Interested parties are encouraged to contact the DFO to schedule presentations before the NAC/AEGL Committee. Since seating for outside observers may be limited, those wishing to attend the meeting as observers are also encouraged to contact the DFO at the earliest possible date to ensure adequate seating arrangements. Inquiries regarding oral presentations and the submission of written statements or chemical-specific information should be directed to the DFO.
III. Future Meetings-
Another meeting of the NAC/AEGL Committee is tentatively scheduled for March, 2003.Start List of Subjects
List of SubjectsEnd List of Subjects Start Signature
Dated: November 19, 2002.
Allan S. Abramson,
Acting Director, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics.
[FR Doc. 02-29888 Filed 11-20-02; 2:58 pm]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S