Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 55, “Operators' Licenses”.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0018.
3. How often the collection is required: As necessary for NRC to meet its responsibilities to determine the eligibility of applicants for operators' licenses, prepare or review initial operator licensing and requalification examinations, and review applications for and performance of simulation facilities.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Holders of and applicants for facility (i.e., nuclear power, research, and test reactor) operating licenses and individual operators' licenses.
5. The number of annual respondents: 106.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 65,586 (approximately 44,736 hours of reporting burden and approximately 20,850 hours of recordkeeping burden).
7. Abstract: 10 CFR Part 55, “Operators' Licenses,” of the NRC's regulations, specifies information and data to be provided by applicants and facility licenses so that the NRC may make determinations concerning the licensing and requalification of operators for nuclear reactors, as necessary to promote public health and safety. The reporting and recordkeeping requirements contained in 10 CFR Part 55 are mandatory for the licensees and applicants affected.
Submit, by February 14, 2003, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, T-6 E6, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail at INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 9th day of December 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-31610 Filed 12-13-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P