Office of the Regional Director—Region X, HUD.
Notice of redelegation of authority to Field Office Directors—Anchorage Alaska, Portland Oregon, Boise Idaho, and Spokane Washington.
The Deputy Secretary of HUD, through the Assistant Deputy Secretary for Field Policy and Management, has delegated certain operational management authority to HUD Regional Directors. See, 67 FR 13790 (March 26, 2002.) That delegation provided Regional Directors with the authority necessary to manage programs and resources located in HUD regional and field offices nationwide. Currently, the Regional Directors are located in Region I (Boston, MA); Region II (New York, NY); Region III (Philadelphia, PA); Region IV (Atlanta, GA); Region V (Chicago, IL); Region VI (Ft. Worth, TX); Region VII (Kansas City, KS); Region VIII (Denver, CO); Region IX (San Francisco, CA) and Region X (Seattle, WA.) Under that delegation, Regional Directors were delegated specific authorities pertaining to cross program coordination, personnel management, administrative management, resource management, and representation regarding matters within their respective region. That delegation also permitted the Regional Directors to redelegate certain operational management authorities to Field Office Directors under their respective jurisdictions. All such redelegations must be in writing and identify the specific authorities redelegated. Redelegations of authority should be reviewed by the appropriate Regional Counsel for that jurisdiction, and the Office of Field Policy and Management, Headquarters, prior to signature and publication. In this redelegation of authority, the Regional Director—Region X, redelegates certain operational management authorities, as specified below to the Field Office Directors in Anchorage Alaska, Portland Oregon, Boise Idaho, and Spokane Washington.
October 11, 2002.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Bob Etchison, Office of Field Policy and Management, Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 7th Street, SW., Washington, DC 20410, (202) 708-1123 (This is not a toll-free number). This number may be accessed via TTY by calling the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339. Comments or questions can be submitted through the Internet to Bob_Etchison@hud.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This redelegation of authority is designed to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of management operations. It is designed to help provide a managerial framework that promotes customer service and encourages coordination among and within the field offices.
Accordingly, the Regional Director—Region X redelegates to the Field Office Directors in Anchorage, Portland, Boise, and Spokane authority within his or her respective jurisdiction as follows:
Section A. Authority Redelegated
1. Cross-Program Coordination
- Developing and implementing Management Plans at the Field Office level;
- Coordinating cross-program projects and Field Office Quality Management Reviews;
- Preparing briefing papers and hot issues documents;
- Leading disaster relief efforts; and
- Consulting with program directors on major program decisions. Where there is a disagreement, the Field Office Director shall consult with the Regional Director. Consistent with the Delegation of Authority at 67 FR 13790 (March 26, 2002), the Regional Director can trigger a review by Headquarters through the Assistant Deputy Secretary for Field Policy and Management.
2. Personnel Management
- Providing input on the performance ratings of managers and supervisors Start Printed Page 1788within the jurisdiction of the Field Office Directors;
- Approving short-term details across program area lines (not to exceed thirty days). Regional Directors may authorize an additional 30 days;
- Approving leave requests for managers and supervisors;
- Participating in the hiring process for managers and supervisors within the jurisdiction of the Field Office Director;
- Acting as supervisor, or when necessary, assigning a supervisor, to outstationed staff; and
- Managing and conducting labor/management relations.
3. Administrative Management
- Determining official office hours, opening, emergency closing and emergency procedures.
4. Managing the Administrative Budget, e.g., Training, Equipment, etc.
- Resource Management.;
- Approving program travel requests; and
- Redistribute up to 20% of travel funds among program areas in coordination with the Regional Director and Assistant Deputy Secretary for Field Policy and Management.
- Developing and maintaining the lead point of contact with local officials, at the Field Office level;
- Maintaining the role as principal point of contact with industry groups, at the Field Office level;
- Managing all inquiries and correspondence, including Freedom of Information Act requests, Congressional and Intergovernmental communications, at the Field Office level;
- Responding on a case-by-case basis, to media inquiries, at the Field Office level, in conjunction with the Regional Director, Headquarters, and the Office of Public Affairs;
- Administering the local office's Web page and internet sources; and
- Monitoring and evaluating customer service at the Field Office level.
Section B. No Authority To Further Redelegate
The Field Office Director may not further redelegate the specific operational management authorities redelegated within this document. All previous delegated or redelegated authority to field office managers and supervisors inconsistent with this Redelegation of Authority is hereby revoked.Start Signature
Dated: October 11, 2002.
John W. Meyers,
Regional Director—Region X, Department of Housing and Urban Development.
[FR Doc. 03-557 Filed 1-10-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4210-32-P