60-day emergency notice of information collection under review: Reinstatement, without change, of a previously approved collection for which approval has expired. Certification of compliance with eligibility requirements of grants to reduce crimes against women.
The Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Office on Violence Against Women has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with emergency review procedures of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. OMB approval has been requested by January 31, 2003. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. If granted, the emergency approval is only valid for 180 days. Comments should be directed to OMB, Office of Information and Regulation Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer (202) 395-6466, Washington, DC 20503.
During the first 60 days of this same review period, a regular review of this information collection is also being undertaken. All comments and suggestions, or questions regarding additional information, to include obtaining a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, should be directed to Cathy Poston, Attorney/Advisor, Office on Violence Against Women, Office of Justice Programs, Department of Justice, 810 7th Street, NW., Washington DC 20531, or facsimile (202) 305-2589.
Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information
(1) Type of information collection: Reinstatement, without Change, of a Previously Approved Collection for which Approval has expired.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Certification of Compliance with Eligibility Requirements of Grants to Reduce Crimes against Women.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: none. Office on Violence Against Women, Office of Justice Programs, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Institutions of Higher Education. Other: None. The grants to Reduce Violent Crimes Against Women on Campus Program was authorized through section 826 of the Higher Education Amendments of 1998 to make funds available to institutions of higher education to combat domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking crimes.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 125 respondents will complete the application in approximately 30 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated total public burden associated with this application is 62 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Department Deputy Clearance Officer, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, 601 D Street NW., Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: January 24, 2003.
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-2109 Filed 1-29-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-M