National Park Service, Interior.
Announcement of Denali National Park Subsistence Resource Commission meeting.
Notice is hereby given in accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act that a meeting of the Denali National Park Subsistence Resource Commission will be held February 21, 2003, at Healy, Alaska. The purpose of the meeting will be to continue work on National Park Service subsistence hunting program recommendations including other related subsistence management issues. The meeting will be open to the public. Any person may file with the Commission a written statement concerning the matters to be discussed.
The Subsistence Resource Commission is authorized under title VIII, section 808, of the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act, Pub. L. 96-487, and operates in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committee Act.
The meeting will on February 21, 2003, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the Nord Haven Motel in Healy, Alaska. In accordance with 41 CFR 102-3.150, we may provide less than 15 days notice in the Federal Register to convene the Commission prior to the March 4, 2003, Southcentral Federal Subsistence Regional Council meeting.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Hollis Twitchell, Subsistence and Cultural Resources Manager at (907) 683-9544 or (907) 455-0673.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice of this meeting will be published in local newspapers and announced on local radio stations prior to the meeting dates. Locations and dates may need to be changed based on weather or local circumstances.
The following agenda items will be discussed:
1. Call to order (SRC Chair).
2. Roll call and confirmation of quorum.
3. SRC Chair and Superintendent's welcome and introductions.
4. Review and adopt minutes from last meeting.
5. Additions and corrections to draft agenda.
6. Public and other agency comments.
7. Denali Backcountry Management Plan.
8. Cantwell Resident Zone Hunting Plan Recommendation.
9. North Access Studies.
10. Federal Subsistence Wildlife Proposals for 2003.
11. Cultural and Subsistence Interpretation.
12. Bear and Wolf management issues in Wildlife Units 13 and 16.
13. Customary Trade Proposed Rule.
14. NPS reports and updates.
15. Subsistence Community Use Profiles and Traditional Knowledge studies.
16. Federal Subsistence Board actions 2002.
17. Alaska Board of Game actions 2002.
18. Closing public and agency comments.
19. Set time and place of next Denali National Park SRC meeting.
Draft minutes of the meeting will be available for public inspection approximately six weeks after the meeting from: Superintendent, Denali National Park and Preserve, P.O. Box 9, Denali Park, AK 99755.Start Signature
Robert L. Arnberger,
Regional Director, Alaska.
[FR Doc. 03-2715 Filed 2-4-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-70-P