National Park Service, Interior.
Announcement of Lake Clark National Park Subsistence Resource Commission meeting.
Notice is hereby given in accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act that a meeting of the Lake Clark National Park Subsistence Resource Commission will be held February 24, 2003 at Port Alsworth, Alaska. The purpose of the meeting will be to continue work on National Park Service subsistence hunting program recommendations including other related subsistence management issues. The meeting will be open to the public. Any person may file with the Commission a written statement concerning the matters to be discussed.
The Subsistence Resource Commission is authorized under Title VIII, Section 808, of the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act, Pub. L. 96-487, and operates in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committee Act.
The meeting will on February 24, 2003, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the National Park Service hangar in Port Alsworth, Alaska. In accordance with 41 CFR 102-3.150, we may provide less than 15 days notice in the Federal Register to convene the Commission prior to the February 27, 2003, Bristol Bay Regional Council meeting.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mary McBurney, Subsistence Manager at (907) 257-2633.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice of this meeting will be published in local newspapers and announced on local radio stations prior to the meeting dates. Locations and dates may need to be changed based on weather or local circumstances.
The following agenda items will be discussed:
1. Call to order (SRC Chair).
2. Roll Call and Confirmation of Quorum.
3. SRC Chair and Superintendent's Welcome and Introductions.
4. Review Commission Purpose and Status of Membership.
5. Review and Adopt Agenda.
6. Review and adopt minutes from last meeting.
7. Superintendent's Report.
8. Review SRC Chairs Workshop Notes
9. Update—Review Federal Subsistence Board Actions on Wildlife Proposals.
10. Update—Review Federal Subsistence Board Actions on Fisheries Proposals.
11. Develop Subsistence Hunting Program Recommendations
12. Public and agency comments.
13. Set time and place of next SRC meeting.
Draft minutes of the meeting will be available for public inspection approximately six weeks after the Start Printed Page 5922meeting from: Superintendent, Lake Clark National Park and Preserve, P.O. Box 4230, University Drive #311, Anchorage, AK 99508.Start Signature
Robert L. Arnberger,
Regional Director, Alaska.
[FR Doc. 03-2719 Filed 2-4-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-70-P