60-day notice of information collection under review: extension of a currently approved collection, Strategic Planning Environmental Assessment Outreach.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until April 15, 2003. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Kay Troester, Strategic Planning Office, 650 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20226.
Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Strategic Planning Environmental Assessment Outreach.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as wall as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: Not-for-profit institutions, Federal Government, State, Local, or Tribal Government. Under the provisions of the Government Performance and Results Act, Federal agencies are directed to improve their effectiveness and public accountability by promoting a new focus on results, service quality, and customer satisfaction. This act requires that agencies update and revise their strategic plans every three years. The Strategic Planning Office at ATF will use the voluntary outreach information to determine the agency's internal strengths and weaknesses and external opportunities and risks.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 1,500 respondents will complete an 18-minute questionnaire.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the Start Printed Page 7613collection: There are an estimated 450 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Robert B. Briggs, Department Clearance Officer, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: February 10, 2003.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-3634 Filed 2-13-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FB-M