Department of Energy.
Notice of open meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the National Coal Council Advisory Committee. Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, 86 Stat. 770) requires that public notice of these meetings to be announced in the Federal Register.
May 14, 2003, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel, 14th and K Street, NW., Washington, DC.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Estelle W. Hebron, U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Fossil Energy, Washington, DC 20585. Phone: 202/586-6837.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Purpose of the Committee: The purpose of the National Coal Council is to provide advice, information, and recommendations to the Secretary of Energy on matters relating to coal and coal industry issues.
- Call to order by Mr. Wes Taylor, Chairman.
- Remarks by Honorable Spencer Abraham, Secretary of Energy (invited).
- Other Council business
- Presentation by Frank Burke, CONSOL Energy on generation efficiency & carbon management.
- Presentation by Bernhard Schlamadinger, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, on carbon sequestration project being conducted in the Lower Mississippi River Valley.
- Presentation by Dr. Howard J. Herzog, MIT, on geological sequestration options.
- Presentation by Mr. Dwain Spencer, SIMTECHE, on promising developments regarding costs of carbon capture and separation.
- Discussion of other business properly brought before the Committee.
- Public comment—10 minute rule.
Public Participation: The meeting is open to the public. The Chairperson of the Committee will conduct the meeting to facilitate the orderly conduct of business. If you would like to file a written statement with the Committee, you may do so either before or after the meeting. If you would like to make oral statements regarding any of the items on the agenda, you should contact Estelle W. Hebron at the address or telephone number listed above. You must make your request for an oral statement at least five business days prior to the meeting, and reasonable provisions will be make to include the presentation on the agenda. Public comment will follow the 10 minute rule.
Transcripts: The transcript will be available for public review and copying within 30 days at the Freedom of Information Public Reading Room, 1E-190, Forrestal Building, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.Start Signature
Issued in Washington, DC, on March 26, 2003.
Rachel M. Samuel,
Deputy Advisory Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 03-7764 Filed 3-31-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P