60-day notice of information collection under review: extension of a currently approved collection; Limited Permittee Transaction Report.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days”. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Megan Morehouse, Public Safety Branch, 800 K Street, NW., Suite 710, Washington, DC 20001.
Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Limited Permittee Transaction Report.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5400.4. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Other: business or other for-profit. The purpose of this collection is to enable ATF to determine whether limited permittees have exceeded the number of receipts of explosive materials they are allowed and to determine the eligibility of such persons to purchase explosive materials.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 400 respondents will complete up to six forms per year with each form taking 20 minutes to complete.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total annual public burden hours for this information collection is estimated to be 800 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Robert B. Briggs, Department Clearance Officer, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite Start Printed Page 224161600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 23, 2003.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-10411 Filed 4-25-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FB-M