60-Day notice of information collection under review: Revision of a currently approved collection; explosives delivery record.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until July 11, 2003. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Megan Morehouse, Public Safety Branch, 800 K Street, NW., Suite 710, Washington, DC 20001.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, Start Printed Page 25389electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Explosives Delivery Record.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5400.8. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Other: Business or other for-profit. The ATF F 5400.8, Explosives Delivery Record, will provide a record of to whom the explosive materials were given, as well as a positive identification verification, for purposes of delivery to a Federal explosive licensee or permittee.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 25,000 respondents will complete an 18 minute form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 7,500 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Robert B Briggs, Department Clearance Officer, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: May 8, 2003.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-11672 Filed 5-9-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-EB-M