Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: “Reports Concerning Possible Non-Routine Emergency Generic Problems”.
3. The form number if applicable: Not Applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Nuclear power plant, non-power reactor, and materials applicants and licensees.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 204 (104 reactor licensees; 100 material licensees).
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 204 (104 reactor licensees; 100 material licensees).
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 53,680 (43,680 for reactor licensees and 10,000 for materials licensees).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: N/A.
10. Abstract: NRC is requesting approval authority to collect information concerning possible non-routine generic problems which would require prompt action from NRC to preclude potential threats to public health and safety.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC Worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by July 7, 2003. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0012), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 28th day of May, 2003.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 03-13997 Filed 6-3-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P