30-Day notice of information collection under review: revision of a currently approved collection; Application for Permit, User Limited Display Fireworks.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approved in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 68, Number 51, page 12715 on March 17, 2003, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until July 10, 2003. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to The Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503, or facsimile (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;Start Printed Page 34644
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of information collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Application For Permit, User Limited Display Fireworks.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5400.21, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected pubic who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: Not-for-profit institutions, State, Local or Tribal Government. The purpose of this collection is to enable ATF to ensure that persons seeking to obtain a permit under 18 U.S.C. chapter 40 and responsible persons of such companies are not prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing explosives, on a one-time basis.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 150 respondents will complete the application in approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated total public burden associated with this application is 225 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Mrs. Brenda E. Dyer, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1600, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: June 4, 2003.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-14532 Filed 6-9-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FB-M