60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Revision of a currently approved collection; COPS Tribal Resources Grant Program (TRGP) Hiring Progress Report.
The Department Justice (DOJ) Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget Start Printed Page 35428(OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until August 12, 2003. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collections instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Gretchen DePasquale, (202) 305-7780, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, 1100 Vermont Avenue, NW., Washington DC 20530.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected: and
(4) Minimize the burden of collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: COPS Tribal Resources Grant Program Hiring Progress Report.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: COPS. Form Number: Not applicable. Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: TRGP Hiring award recipients Other: None Abstract: The currently approved collection instrument targets TRGP award recipients to gather data on officer positions received under the Tribal Resources Grant Program. The data will be used by the COPS Office to monitor the progress of the TRGP award recipients in implementing their grant and for compliance monitoring efforts.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There will be an estimated 200 responses. The estimated amount of time required for the average respondent to respond is half an hour.
(6) An estimate of the additional public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total estimated burden on the public is 100 hours annually.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, 601 D Street NW., Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: June 10, 2003
Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-15004 Filed 6-12-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-AT-M