60-day emergency notice of information collection under review: new collection; eForm 6 access request.
The Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with emergency review procedures of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. OMB approval has been requested by July 3, 2003. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. If granted, the emergency approval is only paid for 180 Start Printed Page 37866days. Comments should be directed to OMB, Office of Information and Regulation Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer (202) 395-6466, Washington, DC 20503.
During the first 60 days of this same review period, a regular review of this information collection is also being undertaken. All comments and suggestions, or questions regarding additional information, to include obtaining a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, should be directed to Tom Stewart, Chief, Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch, 650 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20226.
Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information:
(1) Type of information collection: New.
(2) The title of the form/collection: eForm 6 Access Request.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5013.3. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. Respondents must complete the eForm 6 Access Request form in order to receive a user ID and password to obtain access to ATF's eForm 6 system. The information is used by the Government to verify the identity of the end users prior to issuing passwords.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 500 respondents will complete the form in approximately 18 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated total public burden associated with this application is 150 hours.
If additional information is required contact Brenda E. Dyer, Department Deputy Clearance Officer, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, 601 D Street NW., Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: June 19, 2003.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-15996 Filed 6-24-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FP-M