Action: 60-day notice of information collection under review; Report of Compliant; Form I-847.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until August 25, 2003.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Report of Complaint.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form I-847. Border Patrol Division, Bureau of Customs and Border Protection.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. This form is used to establish a record of complaint and to initiate an investigation of misconduct by an officer of the DHS.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 250 responses at 15 minutes (.25 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 63 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or Start Printed Page 38085additional information, please contact Richard A. Sloan 202-514-3291, Director, Regulations and Forms Services Division, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 425 I Street, NW., Room 4304, Washington, DC 20536. Additionally, comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time may also be directed to Mr. Richard A. Sloan.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Lewis Oleinick, Department Clearance Officer, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 1800 G Street, NW., 10th Floor, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: June 12, 2003.
Richard A. Sloan,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
[FR Doc. 03-16134 Filed 6-25-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M