Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, an information collection unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 110, Export and Import of Nuclear Equipment and Material.
3. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
5. Who is required or asked to report: Any person in the U.S. who wishes to export: (a) Nuclear equipment and material subject to the requirements of a specific license, (b) radioactive waste subject to the requirements of a specific license, and (c) incidental radioactive material that is a contaminant of shipments of more than 100 kilograms of non-waste material using existing NRC general licenses.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 254.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 144.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 316 hours (Reporting—143 hours and Recordkeeping—173 hours).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 110 provides application, reporting, and recordkeeping requirements for export and imports of nuclear material and equipment subject to the requirements of a specific license or a general license and exports of incidental radioactive material. The information collected and maintained pursuant to 10 CFR part 110 enables the NRC to authorize only imports and exports which are not inimical to U.S. common defense and security and which meet applicable statutory, regulatory, and policy requirements.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: (http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html). The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer by July 31, 2003. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Bryon P. Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0036), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 24th day of June 2003.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 03-16535 Filed 6-30-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P