Agency Holding Meeting:
National Science Foundation, National Science Board, and its Subdivisions.
Date and Time:
August 13, 2003: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Open Session.
9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Open Session.
12 Noon-12:20 p.m. Open Session.
12:20 p.m.-1 p.m. Closed Session.
1 p.m.-3 p.m. Open Session.
1 p.m.-1:15 p.m. Closed Session.
1:15 p.m.-3 p.m. Open Session.
2 p.m.-2:40 p.m. Closed Session.
2:40 p.m.-5 p.m. Open Session.
August 14, 2003: 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
8 a.m.-9:15 a.m. Closed Session.
9:15 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Open Session.
8:30 a.m.-10:30a.m. Open Session.
10:30 a.m.-12 Noon Closed Session.
12:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. Open Session.
The National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22230, http://www.nsf.gov/nsb.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
NSF Information Center (703) 292-5111.End Further Info
Part of this meeting will be closed to the public. Part of this meeting will be open to the public.
Matters to be Considered:
Wednesday, August 13, 2003
Task Force on S&E Workforce Policy (8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m.) Room 1235.
- Approval of Minutes, May 21 and July 10.
- Discussion of comments from Board members on the revised draft report (NSB-03-69).
- Report on Comments Received.
- Publicity Plan and Schedule for the Final Report; Roll-out Event Options.
- Cover and Title.
Subcommittee on S&E Indicators (9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.) Room 1295.
- Approval of Minutes.
- S&E Indicators 2004 Overview Chapter.
- Distribution of the Orange Book for Agency Review.
- S&E Indicators 2004 Companion Piece.
Executive Committee (12 Noon-12:20 p.m.) Room 1295.
- Welcome New Executive Officer.
Committee on Audit and Oversight (1:15 p.m.-3 p.m.) Room 1295.
- Audit Update—KPMG.
- IG Act Anniversary.
- GAO Review of NSF Business Analysis Plan Contract.
- Cost-Sharing Policy Update.
- CFO Update.
- CIO Update.
Ad Hoc Task Group on Long-Lived Data Collections (1 p.m.-3 p.m.) Room 1240.
- Introduction of Contract Support.
- Presentations on Research Databases (BIO, GEO, MPS).
- Discussion: October Workshop.
Committee on Strategy and Budget (2:40 p.m.-5 p.m.) Room 1235.
- Draft Strategic Plan.
- Discussion: Report Required by Section 22 of the NSF Authorization Act.
- S&E Workforce.
- Expanding Institutional Participation.
- S&E Research Infrastructure.
- Size and Duration of Grants.
- Overall Spending Recommendations.
Executive Committee (12:20 p.m.-1 p.m.) Room 1295.
- Director's Items.
- Specific Personnel Matters.
- Future Budgets.
Audit & Oversight (1 p.m.-1:15 p.m.) Room 1295.
- Presentation of OIG FY 2005 Budget.
- Briefing About Active Investigation.
Committee on Strategy & Budget (2 p.m.-2:40 p.m.) Room 1235.
- FY 2005 NSF Budget.
- FY 2005 NSB Budget.
Thursday, August 14, 2003
Committee on Programs and Plans (9:15 a.m.-10:30 a.m.) Room 1235.
- Section 14 Authorization—Letter to Congress Regarding Delegation of Authority on Approval of MREFC Items.
- High Risk Research.
- Management of Large Computational Facilities.Start Printed Page 47370
- Long-Lived Data Collections: Status Report.
- Infrastructure Committee.
Committee on Education and Human Resources (8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.) Room 1295
- Comments from the Chair.
- Discussion: NWP Task Force Report.
- Reports from Working Groups (K-12, Undergraduate & Graduate).
- Report from Subcommittee on S&E Indicators.
- Focus on the Future: BIO 2010 (continued).
- Report from the August 12th Workshop on Broadening Participation.
- Report from the EHR AD.
- New Business.
Plenary Session of the Board (12:30 Noon-3:30 p.m.)
- Oath of Office.
- Closed Items, October 2003.
- Chairman's Report.
- Director's Report.
- NSF Strategic Plan, 2003-2008.
- NWP Report.
- Multidisciplinary Data Initiative.
- Wireless Connectivity Update.
- Committee Reports.
Committee on Programs and Plans (8 a.m.-9:15 a.m.)
- Major Research Equipment & Facilities Construction.
- Report on Meeting of the MREFC Panel.
- New MREFC Projects.
Plenary Session of the Board (10:30 a.m.-12 Noon)
- Closed Minutes.
- Member Proposal.
- FY 2005 Budget.
- Closed Session Committee Reports.
Michael P. Crosby,
Executive Officer, NSB.
[FR Doc. 03-20353 Filed 8-6-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-M