The Regulations and Procedures Technical Advisory Committee will meet on September 9, 2003, 9 a.m., Room 3884, in the Herbert C. Hoover Building, 14th Street between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration on implementation of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and provides for continuing review to update the EAR as needed.
1. Opening remarks by the Chairman.
2. Presentation of papers or comments by the public.
3. Update on pending regulations.
4. Discussion on penalty guidelines.
5. Discussion on the Enhanced Proliferation Control Initiative.
6. Discussion on deemed export licensing.
7. Discussion on Automated Export System filer licensing proposal and revised option 4 criteria.
8. Discussion on technology controls.
9. Discussion on Transshipment Country Export Control Initiative “best practices”.
10. Reports from working groups.
The meeting will be open to the public and a limited number of seats will be available. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. Written statements may be submitted at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate distribution of public presentation materials to Committee members, the Committee suggests that presenters forward the public presentation materials, two weeks prior to the meeting date, to the following address: Ms. Lee Ann Carpenter, OSIES/EA/BIS MS: 3876, U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th St. & Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20230.
For more information contact Lee Ann Carpenter on (202) 482-2583.Start Signature
Dated: August 19, 2003.
Lee Ann Carpenter,
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 03-21526 Filed 8-21-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M